Data Privacy Statement
How we use your personal data
Semperit needs to process your data to meet various obligations as your employer, such as facilitating your employment, which includes (but is not limited to) administering your salary, your holiday or sick leave, but also in order to ensure compliance with obligations under labour and social security law. Semperit also needs to process your data for the purpose of administering organisational activities associated with your employment, such as your performance rating, training or general IT administration activities. Such processing is necessary for the purposes of Semperit's legitimate interests, for compliance with statutory obligations or for the performance of your employment contract with Semperit.
Semperit is structured as a corporate group and this means it occasionally needs to share your data with other companies within the corporate group as well as with external service providers. You can find further information on the categories of recipients and their location here. Such recipients of your data can either be located within or outside Europe. If your data is shared with a data recipient located outside Europe Semperit will establish adequate data protection standards.
How long will your data be retained?
Semperit stores your data during the period in which your employment contract remains in force. In addition, Semperit is required to satisfy multiple statutory data retention obligations which might mean Semperit has to continue to store some of your data beyond the termination of your employment. Semperit also retains your data to the extent required in order to satisfy or defend against any claims that may arise in the course of your employment or after it has ended.
Your rights concerning the processing of your data
The EU General Data Protection Regulation grants you a number of rights. In particular, you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- You have the right to request information about the origin of your data, the categories of data processed, retention periods applicable to your data, the recipients of your data and the purpose of data processing.
- If Semperit processes data about you that is inaccurate or incomplete you can ask for your data to be rectified or completed.
- Under certain conditions you can ask for your data to be deleted or the processing activities to be restricted.
- Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to object to the processing of your data. However, this right to objection is limited to justified individual instances only.
- From 25 May 2018, you will in some cases be entitled to receive your data, as it was provided by you, in a structured and machine-readable format or, at your option, you will be entitled to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
- In those instances where Semperit processes your data with your informed consent you are entitled to revoke your consent at any time which will prevent Semperit from further processing your data based on this consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please consult Semperit (data.privacy(at)semperitgroup.com).
Although Semperit goes to great lengths to ensure your data's confidentiality and integrity differences in opinion might nevertheless occur from time to time. If you feel that Semperit is not handling your data in line with applicable laws please contact Semperit (data.privacy(at)semperitgroup.com). Furthermore, you are entitled to file a claim with the data protection authority in your country.
How to contact us
Please contact Semperit (data.privacy(at)semperitgroup.com) in case you have any queries regarding the processing of your data.